We ended up with way more tomatoes this summer than we could handle, so we had to do something with the overflow. We are perpetually out of freezer space, so canning seemed the most practical option.
Because our tomatoes had high enough acidity (we checked with a pH meter!), we didn't need to pressure can them - boiling was sufficient. We gave them a quick roast under the broiler first so that the skins could be easily removed.
After it was all said and done, we ended up with 29 pints (mostly red, but a few jars of green zebras):
We also did up a bunch of tomatillos the same way - resulting in a nice little pallet of 1-cup jars:
I think we're set for the winter!